Tool and Die Maker
Build, repair and maintain dies, molds, fixtures and assembly machines. Assist engineering with prototypes.
- Plan, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of dies, molds, progressive dies, compound dies, intricate blanking and forming dies, drill jigs, milling fixtures and assembly dies
- Perform machining operations requiring unusual and difficult setups and methods to maintain close tolerance fits; bench work involving fitting, scraping, grinding, lapping, indexing, timing, assembly and adjusting to insure satisfactory operations
- Make tool tryouts, diagnose and correct troubles, detect faulty operation or defective materials
- Keep records of maintenance on dies, equipment and fixtures. Build new dies, fixtures, assembly machines and troubleshoot as necessary
- Assist engineering with prototype development of new parts, fabrication and print adjustments
- Perform quality inspection of new parts from new dies, fixtures and assembly machines before releasing to production
- Work from verbal instructions, simple sketches or complex prints to fabricate required items
- Assist any individual with a question or a problem relative to tool and die functions
- Ensure good quality and a clean and safe work area at all times
- Work with suppliers assisting with tool repairs and new tool designs
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Set up and operate various shop equipment
This position requires a level of knowledge that is usually associated with a specialized training equivalent to two years of college, plus five years or more of tool and die experience. Must be able to set up and operate Bridgeport milling machines, lathes, drill presses, surface grinders, and J&S wheel dressers for form grinding. Experience with measuring tools such as micrometers, disc mics, anvil mics, dial calipers, telescoping gauges, gauge pins, gauge blocks and comparators.
- General safety
- Quality system awareness
- Hazardous waste handling and control
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Combination of manufacturing and office environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
To request accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (781) 607-3314 or email@example.com.
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.