Senior Machine Setup Operator
Perform exacting and diversified operations utilizing various manual types of equipment such as Bridgeport millers, horizontal millers, lathes and other related machine shop equipment to manufacture complete parts from piece part prints.
- Work from verbal instructions, shop orders, and blueprints to fabricate components and assemblies to print tolerance using one or a combination of machinery such as Bridgeport millers, lathes, grinders, rotary indexing tables, dividing heads and all related shop equipment
- Set up work with existing tooling and fixtures and in some instances devise and fabricate specialized fixtures and holding devices for a particular operation
- Select cutting tools, machine spindle speeds and feeds based on machining operations to be performed
- Oversee milling operators as needed
- Maintain SPC data on selected parts
- Perform first piece inspection according to drawings and prints
- Inspect all machine components by using any and all inspection equipment necessary
- Evaluate and determine best / proper machine methods to be utilized
- Ensure good quality and a clean and safe work area at all times
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Operate CNC machinery when needed
- Setup milling machine equipment and oversee operators
- Work with supervisor on new fixturing
This position requires a level of knowledge usually associated with a high school or vocational school diploma plus specialized training in math, trigonometry and complex blueprint reading, along with three to five years of related machine shop experience.
- General safety
- Quality system awareness
- Hazardous waste handling and control
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Combination of manufacturing and office environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.