Relay Sub Assembler
Assemble and wire solenoids and relay board assemblies, add associated sub-assembly for drive units to be added to switches.
- Work from wiring diagrams to build assemblies according to print and job sheet by picking required parts
- Perform soldering functions
- Set-up and operate hydraulic, air, and hand arbor presses and various assembly equipment
- Build wires and lug assemblies when needed
- Sign on job and get print from files
- Check to be sure that jobs being worked on are finished on or before due date
- Instruct and train as required
- Ensure good quality and maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary
- Work with various departments to resolve material and drawing problems
- May perform the responsibilities of the Switch Assembler and Sub-Assembler
- Assist in upkeep of area
This position requires a level of knowledge that is usually associated with a high school or vocational school diploma with one to three years of assembly experience. Must be capable of setting up and / or using hand tools, hydraulic presses, grinders, drill presses and rivet machines.
- General safety
- Quality system awareness
- Soldering certification
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Manufacturing environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.