Press Setup Operator
Set up and run large and small automatic and manual presses using wide variety of dies and different types of materials, stamping required piece parts.
- Pull jobs order, select proper die, and adjust servo for proper material height into die.
- Pull the material called out on job order to insure no run outs.
- Load material onto unwind stand and run through material straightener.
- Pull material coils up to 800 lbs. using proper equipment.
- Setup die using various hand tools. Adjust and mount any safety equipment to run die.
- Maintain SPC Data sheets on selected orders.
- Check all piece parts for proper dimensions.
- Maintain equipment by checking oil levels, greasing, and checking for loose or worn parts.
- Set- up and run in-die tapping dies. Check all parts for proper thread using gages and pins.
- Ensure good quality and a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Utilize pallet jack, hydraulic forklift, and other related equipment for material handling.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Operate millers, lathes, drill press and tapping machines.
This position requires a level of knowledge that is usually associated with a specialized training beyond high school in the operation of presses and related equipment, along with one to three years of relevant machine shop experience. Must be capable of using micrometers, verniers, indicators, and reading blueprints.
- General safety
- Quality system awareness
- Hazardous waste handling and control
- Must be forklift certified
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Combination of manufacturing and office environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.