Responsible for technical support duties relating to the company’s computer, network, telephone and office systems. Requires proficiency with a wide variety of hardware and software.
- Serve as Help Desk support specialist providing support for Microsoft-based servers, a local and wide-area network, Windows-based PCs, phone and voice messaging systems and office equipment
- Provide operational and technical support for end users in local and remote locations
- Provide accurate and efficient service to end users
- Coordinate the Help Desk activities and provide first-level support for user questions/problems, including hardware and software
- Provide resolutions and/or recommendations to the supervisor
- Monitor system backup logs
- Perform network functions on the local and wide-area network as required
- Confer with internal and external technical support for resolution to complex problems
- Install, upgrade and configure PCs and laptops
- Provide phone system support including administration and security
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Research new features, test and implement if appropriate with necessary approvals
- Assist with computer and telephone cabling and configuration as required
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and procedures as necessary
- Administer security on servers, PCs, networks, telephones and office equipment
- Apply software updates/fixes to various systems as required
- Assist with end-user training and instruction on current IT related processes
- Serve as a team member on various company, department and user projects
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary
Candidates must possess an associates degree in computer science, technical training or equivalent job experience with three to five years or more experience in the field.
This position is onsite and located in Weymouth, Massachusetts, local candidates only.
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.