Working Supervisor - Second Shift
We currently have an opportunity for a Working Supervisor on 2nd shift. Reporting to the Quality Manger, the Working Supervisor of the 2nd shift will be responsible for overseeing packaging/shipping personnel and quality control inspectors/technicians.
- Plan, organize and oversee activities related to quality final test and packaging of switches to include shift personnel management.
- Perform the primary roles of product final test/inspection and packaging operations.
- Ensure and comply with safety, quality, productivity and performance expectations and execution of quality and packaging operations.
- Evaluate various stations of the second shift operation to ensure optimum efficiency and follow through.
Coordinate with various departments such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Maintenance, Engineering, Warehousing, Human Resources and other internal functional partners with respect to the completion of quality work and achieving the schedules and performance objectives.
- Provide daily supervision and support to employees in production and shipping such as trouble shooting and other work tasks.
- Develop leadership responsibilities, with Manager guidance, related to employee performance including conflict support and resolution and employee annual reviews.
- Maintain communication between employees and upper management to ensure procedures and policies are understood.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and calling for repairs.
- Document production by completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation that proves that functions are being carried out in accordance with both internal and external quality systems or regulations.
- Oversee building security as well as building close responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be eligible for this position, candidates should possess:
- Vocational training plus 1-3 years’ experience in Quality and 5-7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of machines used in manufacturing and shipping, i.e., foam in place.
Capable of conducting troubleshooting investigations related to product and safety incidents with Manager guidance.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and software applications such as Microsoft Office tools (Word and Excel).
- Experience using ERP system and applications is a plus.
- Proficiently speak English as a first or second language.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to focus on details.
- Must be willing to work in a manufacturing setting.
- Must be willing and able to work a second shift.
- Must be willing to work some weekends based on business needs as required by management.
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.