Turret Lathe Operator
This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor and will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of our products by operating machinery in the Lathe Department.
- Must understand and adhere to all relevant ISO 9001 Quality Management System Processes
- Train and learn to operate Turret Lathe Machines to produce parts meeting specifications, performing such work as start and stop machines, load stock, install tools, etc.
- Learn to work from job orders, manufacturing drawings, and tool drawings
- Check dimensions and quality of work using comparators, gages and other measuring devices
- Maintain condition of machines performing such work as clean, lubricate, adjust, etc.
- Clean scrap and chips from machine and separate and identify work and scrap
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized workspace
- Perform any other duties as requested
- Ability to operate various multi-axis machines
- Able to run and inspect precision parts (±.0002)
- Self-starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Drive to succeed and work both effectively and efficiently
- Minimum three years of experience in a machine shop environment
- Must be able to use a wide range of measurement devices such as optical comparators, indicators, micrometers, verniers, pitch micrometers, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications and inspection instructions and determine product conformance based on such documents
- Must be able to interact and communicate with coworkers at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of 5S and LEAN manufacturing a plus
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.