Senior Sales Analyst
Who we are:
Electroswitch designs and manufactures the widest variety of switches and relays for the power industry, including lock out relays and battery monitors, supporting critical applications at power utility, defense, and industrial sites worldwide. Manufacturing in the USA since 1946, Electroswitch continues to develop solutions with their customers, exceeding the highest industry performance standards with safe, intuitive to use products of the highest value for their applications. Electroswitch is a proud philanthropic contributor to the community.
What the job is:
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Sr. Sales Analyst will provide support to the National Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager and Senior Management. This position will provide reports to management in support of day-to-day sales operations, data for monthly and quarterly business reviews, and provide support to the management for strategic plans, budgeting, and analysis on an as-needed basis. Each week this position will be responsible to summarize bookings and sales activities for inclusion in the Business Unit’s weekly activity report. The Sales Analyst is responsible for updating information on the Business Unit’s website and maintaining documents related to department procedures. This role may also provide direct Customer Service Representative support for a defined region or customer group. Successful candidates will be detail oriented, focused, and enjoy problem solving and working with numbers and with people.
What you’ll be doing:
- Retrieve, compile and format data for monthly and quarterly business reviews, and provide as-needed support to management for strategic plans and annual budgeting
- Write a weekly summary of sales department performance for inclusion in the Business Unit’s weekly activity report
- Write and edit procedures recording key order entry and customer lookup activities of the sales department
- Update content on business unit’s website as needed
- Utilize the company ERP system to create custom data view reports
- Assist with the organization of meetings such as the sales representative training and quarterly sales meetings
- Monitor customer portals and on-line bid boards for quotes and orders, including GovGistics, InfoWeb Requests, customer portals and EDI links
- Monitor Business Unit’s website requests and forward as appropriate
- Generate gross margin analysis (GMA) reports for key customers and the products they purchase. Merge data for multi-site customers into a single gross margin analysis report
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of company literature
- Track outside sales activities such as trade shows and travel calendar
- Answer telephones and any inquiries, along with directing calls to appropriate staff for responses and follow up
- Participate in efforts to support the overall strategic goals and objectives of the company with direction from Management
- Organize the customer contact database and execution of mass marketing communications
- Provide support in the implementation and maintenance of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Maintain quote tracking system, customer-initiated supplier performance reports, sales leads, point of sales reports and other sales monitoring programs as assigned.
- Provide direct customer service administrative support quoting product and entering orders for an assigned territory or group of customers
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Sales department to support their overall goals and objectives
- Subject matter expert (SME) for questionnaires sent to sales representative and customers utilizing services such as Survey Monkey
- Provide back up for CSR’s
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – including Pivot Tables and the ability to merge multiple data sets, graph data, input formulas, format reports, and use macros. Some basic knowledge of writing or recording custom macros is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with ERP systems. Experience modifying ERP reports or creating custom Data Views is a plus.
- Knowledge of procedures and experience writing/editing Sales Department procedures
- Intermediate business math skills necessary to create spreadsheets to calculate gross margin, percentage increase, averages, minimums, and selective totals of a data sets
- Strong written communication skills and ability to write weekly/monthly status reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and a high proficiency with Excel
- Regularly required to sit and stand.
How to apply:
For more information, email us at email@example.com
Electroswitch is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides Equal employment opportunities for all current and prospective employees. The Company will ensure that all terms of employment are provided without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, military status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Electroswitch will provide reasonable accommodations which do not impose an undue hardship on the company, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate fully in the interviewing and hiring process and during their employment in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.