Quality Control Inspector
Ensure quality through testing and inspection at various stages of the production process and compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability. Set-up and conduct a variety of standard and special electrical, mechanical, and environmental tests on final products and components using standard and special test equipment, instruments, and fixtures. Perform set-ups and incoming inspection on selected mechanical and electrical components.
This position floats between the Incoming Inspection and Final Test Inspection Roles as needed
- Ability to read and understand the engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to use the measuring tools both electrical, mechanical, and digital
- Ability to measure the parts per specification and record findings
- Process the parts through MRP (Syteline, Shop Track Etc.) system as directed
- Maintain inspection records and files
- Inspect and test products received from assembly and subassembly
- Perform first piece inspection on items received from subassembly and assembly
- Perform final test duties and incoming inspection duties to support those areas as necessary to assist in the management of excessive workloads
- Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary
- Assist with process audits.
Example of the tools to be used are micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, comparators, plugS and thread gauges, hardness tester, digital multi meter, electrical power supplies and digital 3D measuring system.
This position requires a level of knowledge that is usually associated with a high school diploma or specialized training in the use of inspection and measuring tool devices, along with one to three years of relevant experience, soldering knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of Engineering drawings and Quality Control standards.
- Knowledge of computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015
Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
Combination of manufacturing and office environment
Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.