Ensures quality through testing and inspection at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability.
Set-up and conduct a variety of standard and special electrical, mechanical, and environmental tests on final products and components using standard and special test equipment, instruments, and fixtures. Perform set-ups and incoming inspection on selected mechanical and electrical components.
This position floats between the Incoming Inspection and Final Test Inspection Roles as needed
- Ability to read and understand the engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use the measuring tools both electrical, mechanical, and digital
- Ability to measure the parts per specification and record findings
- Process the parts through MRP (Syteline, Shop Track Etc.) system as directed.
- Maintain inspection records and files.
- Inspect and test products received from assembly and subassembly.
- Perform first piece inspection on items received from subassembly and assembly.
Example of the tools to be used are micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, comparators, plug and thread gauges, Hardness tester, Digital multi meter and electrical power supplies and digital 3D measuring system.
Perform final test duties and incoming inspection duties to support those areas as necessary to assist in the management of excessive workloads.
Perform other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
Assist with process audits.
This position requires a level of knowledge that is usually associated with a High School or specialized training in the use of inspection and measuring tool devices along with one to three years of relevant experience, soldering knowledge a plus.
Understanding of Engineering drawings and Quality Control standards.
Knowledge of computer programs (i.e., Excel, Word).
Knowledge of ISO 9001-2015
- General Safety
- Quality System Awareness
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Combination of Manufacturing and Office environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
Electroswitch is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides Equal employment opportunities for all current and prospective employees. The Company will ensure that all terms of employment are provided without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, military status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Electroswitch will provide reasonable accommodations which do not impose an undue hardship on the company, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate fully in the interviewing and hiring process and during their employment in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
To request accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 781-607-3314 or email@example.com