SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Promote company growth through the design, development, and introduction of electronic products and sub-assemblies. Develop the engineering concepts and architectures to support the product requirements. Develop manufacturable detailed designs including embedded software and qualification strategies to show the designs meet requirements. Develop Built in Test and test fixtures to program, calibrate, and test the product in production in low volume production. Provide technical leadership in area of expertise, with ability to train others and represent the company externally.
- Develop hardware specifications and prepares system level specifications.
- Architect the microprocessor, embedded software, surrounding circuitry to meet specifications.
- Analyze, designs, and develops conventional analog and digital circuits for manufacturability
- Manage the project plan and schedule within the ISO9001 System to bring the product to market on time.
- Write and analyze test plans, executes tests and evaluates test results to demonstrate the design meets specifications with high quality.
- Conduct moderate to complex design reviews to demonstrate product and circuit robustness.
- Develop and document assembly processes and fixtures for assemblers and test technicians.
- Prepare and maintain product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, design assembly, and test documentation.
- Mentor and direct the efforts of Coop engineers.
This position requires access to technology that is controlled under the US export control laws and regulations. Accordingly, this position is restricted to US Citizens and permanent residents.
This position requires a level of knowledge usually associated with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with ten years’ experience, M.S. in Electrical Engineering with seven years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Analog circuit design
- Digital design with microprocessors
- Embedded systems firmware development including:
- Real-time firmware design
- C and assembly languages
- Python is a plus
- Power supply design
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability and Six Sigma is a plus
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Leadership experience or training
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Industrial controls
- 3-phase and electric power systems
- Electric utility telecommunications
TRAINING and REQUIREMENTS:
General Safety, Quality System Awareness, ISO9000, Hazardous Communications Training (MSDS), Evacuation Training, Network Drives, Public Folders, Syteline Training.
Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk onto the shop floor.
Electroswitch is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides Equal employment opportunities for all current and prospective employees. The Company will ensure that all terms of employment are provided without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, military status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Electroswitch will provide reasonable accommodations which do not impose an undue hardship on the company, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate fully in the interviewing and hiring process and during their employment in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
To request accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 781-607-3314 or firstname.lastname@example.org