Perform exacting and diversified operations utilizing various types of CNC equipment such as vertical milles, and turning centers to manufacture complete parts from piece part drawings.
- Determine and program machining sequence, tooling selection, program layout, and execution to produce parts to print specifications utilizing CNC turning and machining centers.
- Work from verbal instructions, shop orders, and blueprints to fabricate components and assemblies complete to print tolerance using one or a combination of machinery such as CNC millers, lathes, rotary indexing tables, dividing heads and all related shop equipment.
- Set up work with existing tooling/fixtures and in some instances must devise and fabricate specialized fixtures and holding devices for a particular operation.
- Select tooling and proper program.
- Inspect all machined components complete by using any and all inspection equipment necessary.
- Ensure good quality and a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist other operations throughout the shop as required.
- Provide training as required.
- Assist with the upkeep of the area.
- This position requires a level of knowledge that is usually associated with a High/vocational school diploma plus specialized training in math, trigonometry, complex blueprint reading, and machine programming along with five or more years of related machine shop experience.
- General Safety
- Quality System Awareness
- Hazardous Waste handling and control.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Combination of Manufacturing and Office environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors