CNC Machine Setup Operator Programmer - 2nd Shift
Set up and operate various CNC machining and turning centers to produce piece parts to print specifications.
- Set up and operate various CNC machining and turning centers
- Perform tool offsets, edit program and make adjustments necessary for piece parts to conform to print tolerance
- Select proper material as indicated on shop order
- Set-up various drill and tapping machines within the work cell as needed
- Check all parts to print dimensions using dial caliper, micrometer, drop indicator, comparator and similar inspection tools
- Perform first piece part inspections and in-process inspections as necessary to ensure all parts meet print tolerance
- Maintain SPC data for each piece part
- Move parts to next area of operation as necessary according to part routing
- Assist less experienced operators with setups as needed and as instructed
- Ensure good quality and a clean and safe work area at all times
- Conduct daily maintenance on equipment
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Operate various milling and/or turret lathe machines to produce piece parts according to print specifications
- Setup various drilling and tapping fixtures for other machine operators
Assist with the upkeep of the area
This position requires a level of knowledge usually associated with a high school or vocational school diploma with knowledge of basic shop math, blueprint reading and inspection equipment with three to five years of experience utilizing various CNC machines, Mori Seki, Bridgeport, Nichols Horizontal millers and/or lathe machines.
- General safety
- Quality system awareness
- Hazardous waste handling and control
- Required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 60 lbs.
- Combination of manufacturing and office environment
- Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold and odors
Click here to access our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.